Thursday, July 22, 2010

Loving My Life Right Now!


I listen to mothers who are so sure they will miss the days when their children are small. I use to think that, don't get me wrong, I loved those days. Even the hard ones. As a single parent there were times that were harder than others but I loved them, all of them. I loved every stage that my children passed though. Okay, so it took me a while to appreciate the junior high days of my son, but I see now how all the stages made them the amazing adults they are now. I love this stage. Watching them make their own decisions, yes, that too is hard to stand back and watch sometimes. But, my children have grown into wonderfully responsible adults, and I could not be prouder of them.

So, I don't miss those days when my children were small,  I remember them fondly, with a smile and without regret. They were wonderful, but I would not trade them for the independence we all have at this stage either.

I am free to try on "new shoes" (see post below) They are free to use the tools they gained growing up to make decisions, good and bad, and grow even more. I love the stage I am in right now.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's such a healthy, refreshing outlook! My mother feels the same way, and I look forward to it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so inspiring! I am one who's always saying I don't want my babies to grow up, but...I know I really do. I KNOW I'll be fascinated by each new change in their personalities and experiences, but I also cling to their tiny, sweet baby-hood. I'd like to have my cake and eat it too :)

    ReplyDelete